Bridges over Balan and Kamala Rivers along postal highway elate locals

Local News

Lahan, June 28: The construction of stalled bridges over Balan River and Kamala River along the Postal (Hulaki) Highway has brought cheers to the locals in Siraha district.

The bridges have eased the locals for safe commute between the neighbouring districts. Bridge over Balan River links Siraha with Saptari while bridge over Kamala River connects Siraha to Dhanusha.

The construction of these bridges was long overdue. The contractors had been negligently dillydallying the making of these bridges for nearly a decade. Sometimes the irate locals lodging lawsuit against the contractors over the land issue had also caused delay in the construction.

Movements of people and vehicles have been allowed on this bridge measuring 470 metre in length and 11 metre in breadth since the construction of bridge has so far achieved 95 per cent physical progress, said Surya Prakash Sharma of Pappu Lumbini Builders, the contractor.

The remaining of the construction will be completed by mid-July, he shared. Similarly, the bridge over Balan River has also seen 90 per cent physical progress. Traffic movement has been allowed along the bridge as the contractor company continues to achieve remaining physical progress of 10 per cent in the bridge.

Saroj Shah of Bhagwanpur shared that the whole locality could not help but are becoming very happy with the construction of the bridges in their village. Earlier the locals had to tread difficult and perilous journeys in absence of the bridges, added another local of Bhagwanpur, Shiva Dayal Yadav.

Meanwhile, blacktopping of the roads along the Hulaki Highway is also carried out in Siraha district, thanks to the continuous pressures piled by the locals on the contractors.

The 14 kilometre of road (from Siraha Municipality-19 to Bariyarpatti) in Siraha district under the Hulaki Highway have been blacktopped while asphalt has been put over 18 kilometres of road (from Purba Rajbiraj to Paschim Balan) in Sapatri.

Blacktopping of the road sections along the Hulaki Highway and other Highways have been accelerated, informed Sashi Kumar Yadav, contractor manager at the Swachanda, Roshan, Mahadev Khimti JV Company.

तपाईको प्रतिक्रिया